Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Roasted Veggies

My roasting obsession started last summer when I had oodles of tomatoes on my vines. Roasted tomatoes are divine.

Since the tomatoes are a distant memory I have branched out a bit. Forget boiling and steaming, roasted vegetables are the way to go. It takes a bit more time, but it is easy and definitely worth it!

Here are my two latest favorites. I have never been a big fan of cauliflower. It has always seemed a bit bland when steamed and a bit hard when raw. So I roasted. And you know what? I could easily eat a whole head by myself. Yum.

Photobucket

Slice cauliflower
Put on cookie sheet. Drizzle with a few T. olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Use your hands and mix the cauly to evenly coat it. Spread out in a single layer on sheet. Bake 425 for 25-30 minutes.

I tried broccoli the other day. Um....Just as good.

Photobucket

Place dry broccoli on cookie sheet. Drizzle with a few T. olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use your hands and mix the broccoli, evenly coating it. Spread out in a single layer. Bake 425 for 25-30 minutes.

Drizzle another T of olive oil onto cooked broccoli. Grate some lemon peel on top. Squeeze out the lemon juice. Add 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese.

What shall I roast next?

No comments:

Post a Comment